Subject: [Leica] Monet's Garden
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 18:39:01 +0200 (CEST)

De : "Jayanand Govindaraj " <jayanand at gmail.com>

The author thinks that:

deliberate camera shake=impressionism

Hi Jayanand,

I think you're right, I usually tell my pupils to leave the IOS mode on ;-)

About Monet, Paris was a small world, he knew Nadar (wiki says so)

" In 1872, he painted Impression, Sunrise (Impression, soleil levant)
depicting a Le Havre port landscape. It hung in the first Impressionist
exhibition in 1874 and is now displayed in the Mus?e Marmottan Monet in
Paris. From the painting's title, art critic Louis Leroy coined the term
"Impressionism", which he intended as disparagement but which the
Impressionists appropriated for themselves.[10] Also in this exhibition was
a painting titled Boulevard des Capucines, a painting of the boulevard done
from the photographer Nadar's apartment at no. 35."

And his vision was affected by cararact - no Monet didn't use the best glass
:-(
He may even have anticipated the M8 UV/IR fault ...
He also apparently owned self taught photoshop talents ;-)

"During World War I, in which his younger son Michel served and his friend
and admirer Clemenceau led the French nation, Monet painted a series of
weeping willow trees as homage to the French fallen soldiers. In 1923, he
underwent two operations to remove his cataracts: the paintings done while
the cataracts affected his vision have a general reddish tone, which is
characteristic of the vision of cataract victims. It may also be that after
surgery he was able to see certain ultraviolet wavelengths of light that are
normally excluded by the lens of the eye, this may have had an effect on the
colors he perceived. After his operations, he even repainted some of these
paintings, with bluer water lilies than before the operation".

Amiti?s
Philippe

Cheers
Jayanand