Subject: [Leica] Any of you guys buy that 66mm f2 Elcan lens this morning?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:34:02 -0400

Did it mention that the 66mm was chosen because the lens was developed
for the American diplomatic corp, who were allowed to view Russian
parades (which often displayed military gear), and were also allowed to
photograph them, but the maximum focal length was 66mm?

The lens is apparently extremely sharp.

Vick