Subject: [Leica] Love Hope
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:20:02 -0700

Hi Crew,
It's always interesting , positively! How a photograph on the LUG can
trigger some very interesting conversations beyond the "Photograph posted."
It can become a learning topic about so many aspects of our lives we may
never have discussed. However, one of the wonderful parts of the LUG besides
learning photography and the bits and pieces of photographic paraphernalia,
we learn about seeing, results and questions. Whatever the topic triggered.

 My initial reaction to all photos is the perfection of the photographic
moment, content, visual impact etc. As in this case: LOVE HOPE.

Lluis did it again! :-) How the hell did he see the two hands with "LOVE
right hand fingers & "HOPE" left hand fingers considering all the other more
eye catching bits and pieces and tattoos?

It's called quite simply, "The Art of Observation!"  Think about what we see
daily, that's like nearly every day! Just the shooting time factor alone
......... He brings us some little life moment most of us, no matter who,
nor how many years experience we have might or probably would miss.

I mean who saw the hands first thing as the photo opened? Damn few and I'd
put money on that. Once again another situation illustrating why his book is
very worth purchasing. Moments like this are page after page!

There's far more to just taking the picture, "How many of you put in or have
time to put in walking about the streets of your city or town and come back
with something special? Not many, neither does he every day, but some how he
clicks something along the way simply because he's observing life
constantly. And his reaction to "click" are as fast as greased lightening!

I've said it before, we are amongst greatness folks. And I say that most
sincerely.... Many of us can learn from his dedication to our hobbies and
professional lives by following in his foot steps.

cheers,
Dr. ted:-)