Subject: [Leica] Soccer tournament
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:29:51 -0400

The editor of the local newspaper called me this afternoon and asked if I
would photograph a regional soccer tournament this weekend. This is the
first actual sports assignment I have received in some time. I had no idea
why he asked me until I remembered that he was a cub reporter on the paper
when I did this sort of thing on a pro bono basis 25 years ago. I expect to
receive the same pay now as I did then - $0. At least inflation hasn't
changed the rate.

To refresh my memory about what a soccer ball looks like, I pulled some
pictures of my soccer playing kids out of the wayback machine. They were
taken in 1983 and 1984 with a Leica M3 and either the 50mm Summicron or a
135mm Canon telephoto.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Summer+soccer+1.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Summer+soccer+2.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Summer+soccer+3.jpg.html

This is the way I looked in 1984. Obviously the camera is not a Leica but an
OM2 with a motor drive.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Larry+Z+in+1984.jpg.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Soccer tournament)