Subject: [Leica] IMG: Juvenile Male Ruby Thoat
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:26:36 -0400

the eye is sharp!
and it is what it is.
i like it as is.
bharani

Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:41:02 -0500
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
To: "LUG at Leica-Users.org" <lug at leica-users.org>
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus at thomasclausen.net>

After many attempts, I finally gave up on getting a truly sharp image of the
Juvenile Male Ruby Throat.  This one is the best I could do.  For those of
you who don't see any red around the throat, you are correct.  The light has
to be perfect for the young guy's feathers to show red.  I have a number of
OOF images that clearly show the color, but, in this one, it was not to be.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Juvenile+Male+Ruby+Throat.jpg.html

E-510 with Leica Telyt-R 250/4, ISO 800, RAW, Monopod

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Juvenile Male Ruby Thoat)