Subject: [Leica] USING (GASP!) Leicas
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:09:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 Mark Kronquist <mak at teleport.com>wrote:

>.. Poor guy would probably have me put to death if he know how much film I
>have run through that camera...

>Fast forwarding many years. Camera World here in Portland sold to Ritz
>(1990s). CW had a GOLD Pentax LX I acquired with the collectible
>>inventory. I sold it (to a collector in Japan) with the stipulation that I
>run a roll of film through it (he made me wear white cotton gloves)...

>Here's to Leica users!

>Mark
=====================================================================================================
Amen to that.

I bought my IIIf in mint condition in 1986 (the strap lugs had never even
been used). Now the lugs are worn and it has wear on the chrome, all my M
bodies have missing vulcanite and dings, and I put moleskin on the backside
of my 9 cm bright line finder to keep from scratching my glasses, but I
wanted to take pictures, not look at artifacts.  One reason I still like to
shoot B&W film is so I can have the pleasure of using these machines.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu