Subject: [Leica] Got $7000 to burn? OT: Gears
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:09:06 -0400

I think Sigma makes some ok stuff. Some of there stuff is not so cheap. That
would probably be the ok stuff. Vivitar also made some not so cheap stuff.
The Series one. It was well liked. Tested out well. People used them.
Tokina or Tamron is the cheap stuff.

But Sigma the Green 200-500mm f/2.8 EX DG APO IF cost 26 grand!
I'm thinking its proably an ok lens. And the best 200-500 zoom your going to
find!
Its 300-800mm f/5.6 EX DG APO IF HSM Autofocus Lens for Nikon or Canon or
whatever is a measly 8 grand.  I bet light get through it and it makes an
image which is sometimes in focus.
Sometimes they are not undercutting Nikon Canon and whoever but coming out
with something these guys just don't got.
Like a 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM !!!
20mm F1.8 EX DG ASP RF
 a 24mm F1.8 EX DG ASP Macro who ever heard of such a thing?
Is it really flat field?
A 50-500mm F4-6.3 EX DG HSM    ! Like that old nikon?

Mark William Rabiner