Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 and M9 list
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:33:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 <tedgrant at shaw.ca>wrote:

>Now if you are a roll or two a month.... heaven forbid so little even as an
>amateur. I can understand your cost dilemma. But even then in the long run
>over time, the bottom line would probably still work out money in your
>pocket for an extra body or lens.

>cheers,
>Dr. ted
=============================================================================================================================================================
How about a roll every six months?  That's about my rate these days, and
maybe four or five digital shots a week.  That doesn't justify such an
outlay, especially since I don't make money on my off-work photography.

I know you're wondering how I can shoot so little, but I get my creative
charge on the job where most of the year I take hundreds of pictures each
week.  Also, taking pictures on film gets me away from the rush-rush,
deadline driven world of work, and away from the computer screen.  I can
take my time, and relax.  My M3 has images in it that I shot in April;  it
will be fun to see what's there when I get around to processing the roll.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee