Subject: [Leica] Digital vs film cost
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:00:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin at gmail.com>wrote (in
part):

>Typical weekend photographer, uses camera on vacations, birthdays and
>holidays, shoots 300 pictures a year.

>FUGGEDABOUDIT - you won't live long enough to break even on a digital
>Leica.
>Stick to film.

>Larry Z
Looks like I'm in this last category for volume now (although I don't take
vacation trips and don't take any family pictures).  ;~)
My backlog of unprinted negatives that I can now scan will keep me busy well
into retirement, so I don't miss shooting heavily - I'd just fall further
behind.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee