Subject: [Leica] PESO: Family Time, 2011 - Separate Worlds
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:34:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Jul 26, 2011, at 11:01 AM, George Lottermoser wrote:

> Even we who "know" it
> remained seduced by the information
> and the technological objects which provide it.
=====================================================================================================
Maybe I've got an antibody to this virus.  I don't have an iPad, tablet,
iPod, MP3 player, iPhone (or any smartphone) and have spent less than 20
minutes, total, in my lifetime, on a cellphone (I have one for emergencies).
At our divisional meetings, everyone seems to bring a laptop or tablet, etc.
I take along a 5x7 legal pad and my fountain pen.  I just got a MacBook Pro,
but mainly because my G4 iBook can't open newer RAW files, and couldn't be
upgraded, being pre-Intel.  I also get two daily newspapers and three on
Sunday.  ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee