Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Dancemakers 2011
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 17:22:41 -0500

On Aug 6, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Kenneth Frazier wrote:

> A great set, George.  I have to ask:  The "urine sample" shot.  ???

Well that was certainly the "dance" that tested our "boundaries."

During the intermission a representative from the troupe
suggested that we each visit the rest rooms (both men's and women's).

In the men's room we found a man pacing back and forth
wearing only his jockey shorts and a pair of socks, and carrying a tray full
of cigarette buts
chanting, "want some butts, butts, butts, want some butts, butts butts??"

In the women's room was the young woman you see in the collection.
She remained silent. Though attempted to speak several times; without
success.

When we returned to the theatre these two characters "danced"
a tragic interpretation of what I can only imagine and describe as
a f****d up, drug induced, perverse, "quasi-romantic" relationship.

The woman ended the "dance" by expressing her fatigue
and crawling over people in the row in front of me;
and feigning sleep in an empty chair.

Some in the audience laughed.
Some giggled uncomfortably.
It brought tears to my eyes.

It definitely stretched the usual limits and/or expectations of the dance
medium.
Perhaps better described as a blend of theatre and dance.

thank you for looking and your kind comments Kenneth.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com