Subject: [Leica] Death Valley pano
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 23:14:24 -0400

Both are great but something about the original makes me like it more.
The was the scene leads the eye around in an 'S' shape, maybe. The
foreground is only distracting in that it puts the viewer right in the
scene. The cropped version is lovely too but doesn't have the
subtleties of leading the eyes around like waltzing on a ballroom floor
and discovering more detail here and there.
Both are nice but the original is my favorite.

Phil Forrest