Subject: [Leica] M9-SDHC Compatibility Issues
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 12:24:47 -0500

Hi Jayanand,

I recognize the similarity.  However, most recent tests by computer
magazines show that defragmenting really doesn't gain much in measurable
speed.  As far as I know, it is no longer recommended.  From a practical
standpoint, with today's large hard drives, it takes forever.

I break the rules in two ways.  I never remove the cards from my cameras.
They are delicate, and I can see no reason to handle them.  I connect the
cameras via USB cables, transfer the files to the computer, then allow the
computer to delete the files from the card.  The camera always shows the
same number of available image storage capacity, unless I choose to change
the size of the stored files.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA