Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tuesday's Bees
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 03:22:01 -0400

I'm wondering if my best bee lens would be the new DX format Nikon 40mm
f/2.8 G AF-S Micro: has just come out and its compact and the buzz on this
lens is that its sharp as heck and the DX format could be a real advantage
over FX for such macro work. (1.5 vs. 1x)
I hope my batteries have not leaked into my D200 or D40x bodies I'm trying
to remember where I put them since I got my D700 nine months ago.
The DX format gives you an equivalent 60mm lens with the 40.
Its  8.3 oz. focus to 1:1 and cost $280
It has yellow markings all over it I think the Bees would identify with. Its
in effect yellow and black. But mainly black.

Its AF but you just grab the thing and its in effect instant manual focus
override whenever you need it.
Like you're AF has you focusing on the anther on top of the filament but
you'd rather have it down closer to the ovule or receptacle.
Or you might be focused on the spiracles or segments when you'd rather just
grab  and  turn the ring  getting  it on the proboscis or mandibles up in
front of the little buzzer.

--
Mark R.