Subject: [Leica] D700 or D7000
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 22:48:54 -0400

I agree but  I'm saying the difference between a 2,500 dollar camera of a
larger format than a 1000 dollar camera of a smaller format is not the
personal preference difference between green and blue. Its a whole other
class of work which requires a whole other class of financial commitment
which I have found to be well worth is.

As far as putting an M lens on a cropped body this week I've seen lots of
press on a Ricoh GRX coming out and its kind of got my attention.  Its not
X2 crop its a X1.5 crop in a very compact and interestingly inovatitive
modular body. As I 'll never get my hands on 7 grand for an m9 it could be
something for me. I'm not calling it personal choose. I'm not eqvilating the
two cameras saying the quality of the results would be about the same. I'm
saying its a way to get some nice results for some purposes from this
compact gear with my compact M glass ( which has lens shades except for my
40 Summicron C).  So I don't feel like I have to put down the M9 to justify
getting the Ricoh.
The Ricoh is a very compact camera and my D700 is a very not compact camera.
There will be situations in witch I'd like to have my Ricoh I think rather
than my Nikon.
I think part of Leica thinking as to do with having options for compactness.
With my Leicas they are all compact but my LTM system is a lot more compact
than my M system. So I'd use them accordingly.
However both systems use the same 24x36 format in this case.
--
Mark R.