Subject: [Leica] Shoot first, focus later
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 21:04:48 -0700

Greg Rubenstein POSTED:

> Hello, group:
>
> First posted something about this technology a few months back. The
> company now has a name and is taking orders for the yet-to-be-released
> camera. The Web site also includes some photos and background info.
> Interesting approach:
>
> http://www.lytro.com/
>
> Not quite ready yet to let go of my Leicas. Also interested to read
> what the more technically adept among us think of the info about the
> technology behind this camera.<<<

Hi Greg,,
I see this as another absolutely scary electronic system! :-( All this super
technical stuff does is create another multi-million electronic machine
operators who think they are photographers because everything is in focus,
the colour is close. But the subject is not worth CRAP! However they call
themselves. READY?   "Photographers!"

The truth is.... "ALL THEY ARE IS "ELECTRONIC MACHINE OPERATORS!" ANY IDIOT
CAN PUSH BUTTONS!

However given the mentality of art directors and many of those today who
would normally hire a
"TALENTED HUMAN BEING"  to shoot the photographic material required for an
advertisement or other professional subject."  They will use a useless twit
of a button pushing electronic instrument operator. Rather than a talented
photographer! Like a "real human being photographer!"

No matter how wonderful some may think all this kind of technical correcting
electronic devices are, all they do is belittle the profession of being a
photographer..... Like a "REAL IMAGINATIVE CREATIVE TALENTED HUMAN BEING
PHOTOGRAPHER!"

I suppose that kind of makes my feelings clear about all these electronic
instruments in the hands of millions upon millions of electronic instrument
button pushing operators! Unfortunately real photographers are dying by the
way side while these electronic machine operators go about pressing buttons
and calling themselves .. pardon me... "photographers!"

Honestly as much as I love the computer and it's magic in assisting in
making prints and the wonders of the digital era beyond my wildest dreams! I
do have times when I wish I were a plain ordinary film using photographer as
in the "good old olden days!'

Electronics? Yep amazing........ however in so many cases it just pushes
talented human beings onto the back burners of life! And they die!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-(