Subject: [Leica] Thinking about a D700 or D7000 long reply IMGs
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 05:26:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Alastair Firkin wrote:

>No, but I was not going to hunt out another DMR to back up the first one.
>In all likelyhood it would have survived, but there were other reasons.
>The DMR is so easy to clean sensor wise, that was not a big issue, but the
>weatherproof sealing on the hybrid is dubious in comparison to Helen's Oly
>and the Nikons at the upper end.

I recall a photo posted on this list of a Nikon with attached lens drenched
from rain (was it Howard's?).  My R8/DMR has been equally wet, with no
adverse effects.

I understand about the backup issue!  Much easier to buy a backup for a D3
than for a DMR.  I bought a backup DMR when the R-system was discontinued,
because a backup is considered the prudent thing to have on hand.  I thought
that if the kayak rolled, or a mountain goat kicked the camera off a cliff,
I wouldn't be completely without a body for my R lenses.  In the two years
I've had the backup I've only needed the second body when I sent one (the
"backup" body) to Leica for minor service.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Thinking about a D700 or D7000 long reply IMGs)