Subject: [Leica] Brian's Presentation
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:08:16 -0400

> My buddy and I have discussed this at length.... our conclusion is that
> the well in excess of 500GB of images we have so carefully preserved on
> digital medium, will find its way into the landfill.
>
> No one wants all your photos, even your ex, current spouse, kids, nephews,
> grandkids, etc.
>
> Can you imagine viewing 5-10K images?  25K?  250K?  Would take way past my
> boredom point.....
>
> I think the solution is to put everything on paper, then light the pyre at
> the appropriate time.
>
> While you bless this earth with your presence, and desire to keep your old
> images, backup often, and with current technology....
>
> But don???t fool yourself...... your kids don???t care/have the time.

I recently created a blurb book for Mum's 80th birthday, and scoured all
family resources for images. Of course turned out that Mum had most of
them. Her brother was useless and my Siblings almost as bad. Grandkids
have lots of images, but can't find them, so in the end it was the family
albums and my family shots which were scanned touched up and put into the
book. I took ages, but I found the time and enjoyed it as well ;-)

Now everyone has a copy of the family albums and loves them. Someone had
to do the dirty work ;-)

The moral is some one may take the time, but its best if you edit the work
beforehand to include on the better images.

Cheers

Alastair

Message from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Brian's Presentation)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Brian's Presentation)