Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 48, Issue 209
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:17:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

>Normally people shoot full frame and never look back. They don't even want
>to use their cropped cameras for backups.
I use a state-owned 5D at the office and sometimes also my own 30D.  The
full-frame is nice for work, but I still like using the 30D more because it
doesn't have as many features to get in the way.  For example, I can switch
between front or back button focusing in four steps (30D) vs six (5D).  One
thing that drives me crazy on both is that in manual exposure, which I use a
lot, the aperture control is on the back dial.  I like f/stop rings on the
lens, and if not there, at least on the front wheel, close to the lens, but
Canon doesn't offer a custom function for this on these models. Boo!

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu