Subject: [Leica] Union Square - statue of Gandhi
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 22:24:00 -0400

Could be that's why its named Union square.
That's how I remember the name now at least.
I think the civil war was quite divisive here in ny.
You'd think it would be north enough to not be. But it was.
Conscripting people to go and die was one sore point.
These guys just didn't want to do it. Itchy uniforms.
Worse the Jury duty they thought.

NY can be quite funny as they name parks and intersections squares which are
obvious triangles. And circles squares and visa versa. They don't sweat the
small stuff.

--
Mark R.