Subject: [Leica] How big is your Lightroom catalogue?, Now Also: iMac Performance
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:22:11 -0500

Nathan, in his book Martin Evening suggests keeping to one catalogue if
possible, primarily I understand for ease of keyword searching, which is
what I'm doing. I've only got a little over 18,000 images in mine; I have it
in mind he discusses having a main catalogue of around 95,000, although he
does archive older catalogues in some fashion.

On another front: when you say your iMac 'generally' behaves, what happens
when it doesn't? How often is that?

I'm seeing some good deals on some just previous generation iMacs and my 4.5
year old XP Pro Desktop is just not fully up to these newer programs I'm
afraid.  See for example http://tinyurl.com/3pj2tjs

--Bob

==On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at