Subject: [Leica] barcelona
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:24:53 +0200

We stayed at the Novotel (DSK wise) very good service but a little out
of town.
We also stayed repeatedly at Hotel Rekor(d?) not so far from downtown
- the suites at the back are excellent, and the price should be
tolerable when out of season, which is your case.
Check with Booking dot com that's where we go.

Flamenco: AVOID the show at Palau della Musica, it is for tourists,
just our luck ...
The building is wonderful but there are other ways to see it.

Lluis took us to a Tapas Bar in La Barceloneta where real Catalans go
for lunch or dinner - excellent food, noise level still acceptable
because it is so true, and wonderful light
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2010/2010-PAW-46-Hopper+-+Bar+Electricitat+I-1020039.jpg.html

Try the black rice on the Pier
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+2009_001/The+Old+and+the+New+II-1020189.jpg.html

Get lost in Gothic, a very nice maze of small streets.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+2009_001/Angles+ou+demon-1120330.jpg.html

The sights not to miss are SO many, how long are you staying?

Philippe
PS: Ted has a private pool there, up the hill, ask him for the key :-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+2009_001/2009-Barcelona-ted+mon+Ami-1120106.jpg.html

Le 22 ao?t 11 ? 20:19, grduprey at mchsi.com a ?crit :