Subject: [Leica] Earthquake!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:50:28 -0400

I was stuck in Civic Center  at  Centre Street  Collect Pond Park with an
80mm 1.8 Nikkor. Not good for crowd scenes. I got individuals.
About eighty news teams were waiting for Dominique Strauss-Kahn to come out
of the building everyone else came out of that building instead but him and
every other building flooding the area with thousands of people in the hot
sun trying to get their cell phones to work to find out what's going on and
tell people they were ok. A ladies sofa in Brooklyn fell over someone said.
But when I repeated that to a guy I happened to be talking to involved with
a new team he indicated that might not be the leading story on the channel
two news.  I found myself talking to one of the main news anchors on a main
station just trading back what we both though was going on.  But the only
news most people there was interested in was if they were going to let us
back in the buildings or not so business could continue of if we were
allowed to go home. I was not sure if the subways were working or not. The
one I limped in on was going  a couple of miles an hour. I walked about a
mile out of there before I tried to jump into one.
I see no cracks in the walls and the elevator still works.

--
Mark R.