Subject: [Leica] Question on relative VF brightness.... Canon/Nikon/R8/SL to Visoflex
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:44:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>I'm not looking for precisely made calculations or measurements, but if you
>were to compare the relative brightness of the VF in the Nikon or Canon AF
>cameras or the R8 or SL to the Visoflex, which would be brighter and by how
>much?????

With long lenses where you're focussing on the "ground glass" you need
contrast too, and the particular design of the viewscreen makes a difference
too.  Bright isn't worth anything if the grain of the ground glass isn't
sufficient to show the difference between in-focus and out-of-focus.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com