Subject: [Leica] Irene NY
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:32:30 -0400

This is the point when I experience intense guilt for having survived, when
all  those other people in NY also survived.  We'll all have to get mass
therapy.
Its not even really raining . But I hear rumbling noises which I keep
thinking is a tornado but are gusts hitting my air conditioner. So I am
experiencing tornado paranoia.  It's yellow outside. Having watched the
weather channel way too much.

The pidgins  and squirrels seem to be still in their shelter. They are
probably all down there singing  Lili Marlene and passing around a flask.
They may know something I don't know. But I'm going outside anyway. Try to
shoot the wind which is what I always do.

It looks like putting the trains back together again is going to be way
harder than talking them off line. Which was not so easy either.
They say there are trains parked all over the place but they are labeled.
They have to figure out how to get them back to where they were supposed to
be.  But check the track first. It may take more then one day. May take more
than two.
So the prediction for Monday is "maybe".
It will be like a snow day which is really like a slush day.
What if they had a Hurricane and nobody came? What we do afterward?
I think I was the only one in this apartment building. They all moved up
into Westchester County and stayed in their parents house. I can play my
radio as loud as I want.

Around 4 AM we had tourists in from the Ukraine and other outer parts
walking around Times Square just a few hours before the hurricane hit.  I
looked at them with an internet Cam and their umbrellas were doing ok. They
seemed kind of bored. Bubba gumps shrimp was closed. As were the buses and
subways. How did they get there? How will they go back to their hotels? News
at 11. Though the transmitter is under water.

The cabs of course are furiously ripping everybody off like they always do
only more so. Which is why I never take them.  A dollar or more a block.
That's what they are talking about on the radio now. Which is coming to me
from NJ instead of NY becuae the transmitter is under water. Which I assume
was not the Empire State Building which was not in a A fema zone.

Mario Cuomo is driving his car through what looks like rivers taking
pictures through the wet windshield of his car.

--
Mark R.

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Irene NY)