Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Elusive Buckeye
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:41:17 -0700

Jim Nichols showed:

>I followed this Buckeye for ten minutes this morning, trying to get a shot
>during the 1 second period that it had the wings spread.  Finally got this
>one, partially hidden, and had to crop it severely.  It is a beautiful
>insect.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Buckeye+14.jpg.html

Hi Jim,
WOWIE!!!!! Has to be another of Mother Nature's Beauties! I have tried on
several occasions to photograph Monarch butterflies when we lived back East
but to no avail.... blew them all. Then gave up due to sheer frustrations!

But this one is truly amazing. Thanks abunch!

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: The Elusive Buckeye)