Subject: [Leica] Four for Weirdnesday
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 12:56:57 -0700

Thanks to those who liked the murals.

Nathan,

I wasn't expecting to be taken literally. When I said "lunacy" it was
a whimsical or even possibly sarcastic reference to the way much of
the U.S. regards California. I suspect some of it may have to do with
the movie industry. More of it may have to do with the student
activism at the U. of California, Berkeley, which has been often in
the public eye, starting at the time of the Vietnam war.

I should keep in mind that this forum is international and should
avoid local wise cracks. I have the same problem with England, where
I lived for eight years in the '70s. Now, when I see brief remarks on
Twitter from a former colleague, I don't understand them half the
time.

Cheers,

Herb