Subject: [Leica] Looking For Simple, Automated, Cross-Platform Back Up Solution....
From: eazydraw at googlemail.com (Swanny)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 14:28:32 +0100

The problem arose when I  tried to set up Time Machine to back up both
the internal hard drive and  the external external drive.  It will
back up the former but not the  latter.  It tells me it does not
interact with FAT32 disks.

Any  thoughts, explanations and/or solutions for establishing a
simple,  single (preferably automated) back up routine for both
internal and external drives will be  most appreciated.

--Bob

Hi there Bob,

i am not a geek unfortunately, and so i don't have a simple answer for you
....although having said that i can say that i took my macbook pro
 along with the drive i use for time machine and another 2 external drives
to my local Apple Store where they showed me how to set up 'time machine' to
back up both the external drives i keep my pics on and also showed how i
could 'daisy chain' my external drives (using firewire 800).

I guess the biggest issue you have is that apple machines don't recognise
the FAT32 format so can't read or write into that part of any drive as they
use HFS, I'm sure an apple store would be able to help and i highly rate the
'one to one' program you can join for ?80pa  giving unlimited personal
support (well an hour a week for a year is almost unlimited).

In conclusion i'd say speak with Apple they usually know how to find ways
round most things

Swanny