Subject: [Leica] IMG: Learning to Use Histograms
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:40:22 -0500

My posting of the late Rose of Sharon image led to discussions on the Oly
list about proper exposure.  I have seldom used the histogram to adjust
exposure when making pictures.  I have used it as an indication of proper
levels in the post-processing of the image.

I went out to try to find the best exposure adjustment for a similar image.
I ended up using EV +1/3 on the E-1 for this image.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Improved+Histogram.jpg.html

I now look forward to a sunny day (next week maybe?) to see if I can find
what works under those lighting conditions.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Learning to Use Histograms)