Subject: [Leica] Watch your finger tab on your 35mm Summicron
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 13:41:50 -0400

Watch your finger tab on your 35mm Summicron.

My wife shows me a piece of plastic that she found on the car seat.  It
looks suspiciously like half of the half-moon finger tab of a 35mm
Summicron.  I had this lens out a few days ago.

I go home, and sure enough, half the tab is still on the lens and the
other half is in my hand.

This piece is plastic, and it broke in half, right where the mounting
screw is.

I've replaced this part on another lens, a 50mm Elcan f2, where it was
completely missing.

I think this is an example of Leitz's choice of plastic, which may have
been a great idea in the 80's, but now thirty years later, is turning
out to be a terrible idea.

...Vick

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Watch your finger tab on your 35mm Summicron)
Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Watch your finger tab on your 35mm Summicron)