Subject: [Leica] The Free (and the phoenix)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:29:37 -0700

George Lottermoser OFFERED:

> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=5684>

Hi George,
you have my deepest sympathies and understanding of the inner battles of
what goes, what stays, the memories, good, bad and ugly as you work your way
through this.

Before we moved to Victoria I had to go through this routine when leaving
Ottawa and it was very emotional at times because some bits have great
emotions attached to them, even though you maynot have had them in your
hands for 25 years. And all of a sudden the memories flood back a though it
were yesterday. Then you choke back a tear or thumping in the chest! Or that
pleasant glow in remembering a sunset or other beautiful moment while on an
assignment.

Some moments you have to choke it back and be ruthless about what
goes!!!!!!!! Otherwise you'll have every reason in the world to keep it for
another 25 years.

And using the excuse... "Gee I better keep this as you never know when I
might need it?" Is no excuse at all simply because when you think about it
rationally..... you haven't used it during the past 25 years! So let it go,
get over it and clear house for a new start! You'll be surprised how good it
feels when all of a sudden...... "Gee whiz do I ever have a lot of room!"
:-)

Good luck with it!

cheers,
ted