Subject: [Leica] Half Dome Death March
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 23:00:28 -0700

I have wanted to do the Half Dome hike for a couple of years. It's tough to
schedule since a) our eldest daughter is in college year round and only
comes home briefly every 3 months or so and she really wants to go too (*),
and b) they now require permits to hike the last 400 ft (via cable) and they
are hard to obtain.

Well, with luck have it, I have gotten 3 permits for this Wednesday at the
last moment. So we are planning to leave here ~3AM.

We may or may not make it to the top. We will turn around ~2PM. Fortunately,
it's just 2 days past full moon so we will have some leeway on the way down.

Wish us luck. We do have good hiking boots, and will bring lots of water and
snacks.

BUT MOST importantly :-), I will have my camera - most like the XPan II with
~7-10 rolls of film. The M9 may be a bit lighter and no film, but I think I
will be kicking myself for not using the panoramic camera.

Wish us luck!!! I hope we will make it to at least as far as Nevada Fall and
hopefully to the top of Half Dome.

(*) She is getting some cold feet with stories of people falling off rocks.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// richard's personal photo blog: <http://www.5pmlight.com>

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Half Dome Death March)