Subject: [Leica] IMG: Where I Was
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:16:55 -0400

PESO:

Listening to all of the coverage of 9/11, I thought about where I was on
9/11/2001.  I was staying with a family in the mountains in Guatemala and
was picked up by a bus in the morning to go to a clinic that we had set up
in a nearby village.  The bus driver told me that he heard on the radio that
the Chinese had bombed New York City and everybody was dead.  He spoke
Ixchil and was listening to a Spanish station.  I didn't find out anything
else until we got to the clinic and the doctors and nurses who had stayed in
a local hotel with television told me what had happened.  All of the local
people who came to the clinic that week wanted to pray for the people of the
USA.  Our flight back to the states was delayed for several days.  I missed
all of the coverage and am seeing some of the photos for the first time.

http://www.pbase.com/image/137985615

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP