Subject: [Leica] IMG: revisiting some old images of the eastern Sierra
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:03:32 -0700

Hi Adam.
Here are some sites to keep an eye on for fall colors in the eastern
sierras:
http://www.californiafallcolor.com/
http://www.gdanmitchell.com/
http://calphoto.com/fall.htm

It appears that the colors are changing a bit early this year. Second week
of October would be my uneducated guess for prime. Places to look are
Virginia Lakes, Twin Lakes, June Lake Loop, Lundy Canyon, Convict Lake, and,
down in Bishop, Bishop Creeks (were the best last year) and Rock Creek near
Mammouth.

Michael Frye's sight might be up to date to let you know what's going on in
Yosemite. I found beautiful colors at the Pohone Bridge and up on Crane Flat
Rd. Also the walk to Mirror Lake is flat and beautiful by the upper Merced
there. Easy walk, beautiful water and sometimes color.

I'm totally jealous!!!! Have fun,
Bob

Lundy Canyon area near Mono Lake and Yosemite, Rock Creek south of Mammoth
Lakes, , McGee Creek, Convict Lake, and the June Lake Loop.  Around
Bridgeport, you won't want to miss Virginia Lakes, Twin Lakes and the Conway
Summit.  The West Walker River is also lined with gold.