Subject: [Leica] IMG: New York Harbor 9/11/11
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 19:54:50 -0700

Philip Leeson showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: New York Harbor 9/11/11

> Thanks for the kind compliment, Ted.
> Here's a view a little farther out:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pleeson/Images/WTC+9_11_11_2_001.jpg.html
>> Not a lot of room to play with these --1 sec exposure, jpeg, braced on
>> the rail.
> But quite a memorable night.
> We were on a cruise from NYC to Bermuda.<<<<<<

Phil,
Here is the most important part of both these exposures!!!!!!!!
Think about the over-all situation for a moment...

1/ the photographer is on a floating moving cruise ship!
2/ the photographer has to make a long exposure from a floating moving
cruise ship!
3/ he doesn't have a tripod to use right there ..... it quite possibly might
have picked up ship and water vibrations?? So he hand holds camera balancing
tightly to ship railing!
4/ He makes a couple of exposures throwing all caution and techie rules and
regulations about motion, movement, must do----must not do and all the other
stuff the techie thinkers go through or would think of? Therefore not likely
having the guts to as I'm sure you must have just figured.....

" WHAT THE HELL IT'S FANTASTIC GO FOR IT!" :-)

And you shot two beautiful memorable photographs in a moment of historical
memories!

And my friends is what sorts out a "real photographer" from somebody who
"thinks about what to do?" Compared to a shooter who sees it! "SHOOT'S IT
WITHOUT THOUGHT!"

Well done on both photographs without question!
cheers,
ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] IMG: New York Harbor 9/11/11)
Message from pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] IMG: New York Harbor 9/11/11)