Subject: [Leica] IMG: Slices of Life and the Future of a Nation ...
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:38:28 +0200

I went downtown yesterday afternoon and had picked up a camera to
shoot local senioritas to send to Lluis currently recovering from his
operation. I hit upon a students' celebration that I couldn't resist.

These are students from one of the eldest Engineering Schools specific
to our education system, and inherited from Napoleon - a note for
Geoff, the uniform is a replica of the French Air Force's called Tenue
40.

Following the first weeks of their three years' cursus, they celebrate
their integration to the school and its traditions by marching through
the city street, and chanting their voices away before joining a night
long party.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Flowers/Gadzarts-6318.jpg.html

A few girls succeed in the very competitive entrance exam: these I've
already sent to Lluis :-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Flowers/Gadzarts2-6334.jpg.html

The bearded guys in the uniforms have made a vow not to shave or have
a haircut until ??
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Flowers/Gadzarts3-6343-2.jpg.html

The pixes mat be seen larger as usual

So this was this week's slice of life at Metz

Bien cordialement
Philippe

Replies: Reply from corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst) ([Leica] IMG: Slices of Life and the Future of a Nation ...)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Slices of Life and the Future of a Nation ...)