Subject: [Leica] I'm not going to use an air blower to clean a sensor again!
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:39:30 +0900

I used an air blower to blow away a piece of dust on my M9 sensor that
was showing up at f/8 and smaller.  A little dust or water, or both,
flew out the blower tip and scattered on one side of the sensor.
It looks quite nasty, and shows up at all apertures.  You can see a
photo here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/6238000710/

I have e-mailed Leica Japan and am waiting for their reply.  They
replaced my M8 sensor over a year ago when the sensor cracked after
cleaning it with a sticky rubber pressing tool bought from Canon.
This has made me think I'm not going to do my own sensor cleaning
again, a I thought an air-blower would be harmless!

Peter

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] I'm not going to use an air blower to clean a sensor again!)