Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Leica Deals / Investor Acquires 44% Leica Stake
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:18:45 -0700

Yes; Kaufmann may have gotten out what he put in, or more and still retains
control.

Also, I believe that since Kaufmann never was able to take Leica back into
private ownership, having another shareholder doesn't change as much for him
as it would have had his initial intention been realized, and he does now
get a big chunk of money back. Seems like a smart move to me that doesn't
really change much operationally.