Subject: [Leica] 4.5/200mm Telyt
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:12:36 -0500

The 200mm/4.5 Telyt is a very old design from 1935. Edwin Puts
describes the lens as having low to medium contrast with very soft
corners. What you have to be careful with on these older lenses is
haze which can greatly reduce the contrast. I have the newer f4 lens
that Lluis has and I find it to be pretty good. I even have an
adapter for it to mate to my Nikon bodies. The f4 version is from
1959 and Puts describes it as an improvement over the older version.
He is quite critical of lens performance so it's really hard to say
how good the 4.5 version is. I would just be careful of the condition
of the glass and not pay very much if you buy it.

Len