Subject: [Leica] Casual tripod?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:24:55 -0500

Robert Baron wrote:

>> Frank Filippone wrote:
>>
>> The Leica has recently been mounted on a Monopod with a (very) cheap
quick
>> release plate.... no ball head, just a $20 Manfrotto front and back
swivel
>> thingie.
>>

> I'm trying to picture why you would even need a tilt head on a
> monopod.  Couldn't you just tilt the 'pod?

Sure you can, but the tilt head allows me to put the 'pod's foot in front
of me and lean in to it, it allows me to keep the 'pod in this position
when I point the camera down or up, and (for me, most importantly) allows
me to attach the 'pod to the vertical bar of the old 14188 shoulder stock.
The flexibility this very inexpensive tilt head adds to a monopod is huge.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -