Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:19:46 -0800

I have "recouped" the cost of my M8 in the 2 years I have owned it, maybe.
I am around 6-7K exposures.  That is about 180 Rolls of film with
processing.  Figure $10-15 a  roll, and the $2700 is paid up, or close
enough.

The maybe part:   I NEVER shot the amount of exposures I do now.... I
realized the cost was in every click.  ( 35mm ->6x6->4x5).

It is too easy to shoot another digital exposure, just because it is
free.....sort of the opposite of "the decisive moment".

Have I REALLY recouped my cost?  Not so sure at all.....

But I like the quick feedback and the relative ease of looking at the
images.....

For Pros, or even for those taking in cash for their photographs, it is a
totally different equation.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

How much do you spend on film & processing in a year?

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Looking at buying an M8)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Looking at buying an M8)