Subject: [Leica] Nikon V1
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 18:58:06 -0800

Played with one for about 30 minutes in a store last week.  Pretty nice.
Image quality was pretty darn good for such a small sensor. Almost bought
one, but here were my concerns.

1. Small sensor coupled with rather modest speed lenses equals a fairly
large DOF.  I like shallow, isolating DOF and I don't think I could get that
with this camera.
2. Low ISO quality was very nice, but pushed to 800 and you could see a fair
amount of noise.  Impressive for a small sensor, but not great.
It does cost quite a bit for what you get.  Crop Nikon DSLR performs better
at not too much more money.  But the size is a plus and it seemed quite well
built and easy to use.  So, may have a place for quite a few people.  Street
camera may be where it will shine.

Aram