Subject: [Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?
From: colin at colinbaker.org (Colin Baker)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 07:12:22 -0500

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 23:54:51 -0500, Jayanand Govindaraj
<jayanand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Whatever may be the reason and justification, I agree 100% with Kay Yang
> from an economic and investment point of view. There are much less
> expensive cameras that a full fledged working photographer can use to get
> results that are equally acceptable in the marketplace.

The problem I have with advocating selling possessions to cover living
expenses is that it's a band-aid fix.  If you sell an M8, you might be
able to pay the bills for a month, but then what?  You don't have your M8
(which wasn't costing you anything) anymore, and you still have next
month's bills to pay.  Makes much more sense to go after actual expenses
and see where you can cut back.  If not that, find ways to increase your
income.  Selling possessions should only be a last resort.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?)
Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?)
Message from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?)