Subject: [Leica] Ted on Tina
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 20:35:48 -0400

Good for you Ted! Well spoken! Tina's great photos plus your great words
captured my attention and feelings. Between "me and me," I'm reminded of
photos I took of spontaneously content young people while touring the high
Andes and coastal regions of Ecuador and Peru some thirty years, and
remembering makes me smile.

Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA

Hi Tina,

We who have pretty well everything, even those who do nothing but whine and

bitch about everything in their life of the day! Never see this kind moment

for a child born of another land where something as simple as a mirror or

even a piece of a mirror can make the child's day something special and

memories of a lifetime..

In this situation the kindness of making a print and giving it to the child

to give her something never before seen without distortion will not likely

ever be forgotten as she grows up. And it's done out of the goodness of ones

heart without any thought of return. On occasion a smile upon receiving the

print can be so rewarding it's worth millions!

We have all captured the moment in another's life and yet never thought to

knock off a print, even a 4X6 to give them a treasure of a lifetime or

maybe, but for a few moments in their lives.

One thing I've done generally as a fun thing over the years when covering

international sports events, Olympics, World Track & Field or Pan Am Games,

whatever... If I see another photog and I catch he or she in a moment of

whatever it maybe? I shoot him/her and get a print made simply for nothing

else than a moment in their lives while at an event. We shoot everything

else going on! Well that's what we're paid to do, so expecting or ever

thinking of a photo of oneself in the madhouse of a stadium, swimming pool

or wherever is never really thought of. A "happy snap" received, saved for

many years later is once again more than money can buy.

Look how we pretty well all re-act when we see posted pictures of a "LEICA

STACKING?" Or a bunch of folks around a table holding a glass of whatever in

salute to the crew at home for later on the screen.

It's all simple little things photographers and photography do in our

lives....... help maintain the memories of our lives! And a nice feeling

of... "Jeesh I remember that we had a blast!" :-) :-)

Now put that in the life of this child and know she was given a lifetime

memory due to the simple kindness of a "lady with a picture machine!"

Thanks Tina!

cheers,

ted