Subject: [Leica] Old Cars
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:18:38 -0700

Hi Luggers,
In the hot humid August days of summer on Pender Island the antique cars
come out to play.
Here is a 1935 Ford Convertible which I snapped in the parking lot at the
Driftwood Center.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/Ford1935w.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/9e8zqo6

Time runs slower on Pender and people always gather to talk to the car
owners.

Today was the meeting of the Pender Island Literary Society (PILS) made up
of ladies who read and supposedly discuss books
but more likely gossip about Island goings - on.  The Spouses of the PILS
gather at the Browning Inlet pub the day of the PILS meeting and talk
about the price of gas and lumber and solve the problems of the world. It is
a nice break.

Here is a 1929 Hudson Straight Six which I snapped today outside the pub. I
talked to the driver who told me
that his father restored the car and in 1966 his father used it to drive him
home from the hospital after he was born.
The driver admitted the car needed some cosmetic work but assured me it runs
well, although the clutch is heavy.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/1929HudsonSuper6w.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/8olwadt

Taken with the Fuji X Pro 1 and the 35mm F1.4 @f8.0