Subject: [Leica] potbelly
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 01:31:29 -0400

pubs for some reason choose off-colour names sometimes.
supposedly appeals to the college-kid beer swilling clientele.

the NYT about 10 years ago had this great piece on the genre that is the
beer tv commercial.
and again in 2006 -
"Part of the intended audience is "essentially nihilist," said Secunda, a
former senior vice president at J. Walter Thompson. "They are cynical,
hostile, angry people. There's a lot of mindlessness and destructiveness.""
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/05/sports/05iht-nfl.html

and in 2003 -
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/03/business/the-media-business-advertising-addenda-ogilvy-chastised-for-beer-commercial.html

i don't drink so you'll not see me inside potbelly ever :-)
bharani