Subject: [Leica] IMG: People at the Airport
From: Al.crouch at earthlink.net (Al Crouch)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:12:59 -0500

Jim:
Good people images.   I flinched a little when seeing Don because he looks
like he has his hand on an engine manifold and I have been burned more than
once that way.  I'm assuming the engine was cold and it's probably an
intake line of some sort, so no harm done.

Jim looks like one of those guys we've all known, who has a plenty to say.
You probably spent some time in that rocker.  Good postings.  The Bombadier
is a beauty.
:Al

The first is of Don, a retired military veteran who served in the Navy,
Marines, and Air Force.  An experienced mechanic, he is shown with his 1946
Ercoupe, which he still flies and maintains.

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Don+F.jpg.html
>
> I found Jim, a retired engineer, sitting in a rocking chair watching the
airport action.  I snapped his image before I sat down to discuss grandkids
and medical problems, the general conversation of octogenarians.

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Jim+M.jpg.html
>
> This Bombardier Challenger, which stopped for fuel, was the center of
attention at the time.  A beautiful business aircraft, it is equipped for
single-point refueling, so that all tanks can be serviced with a single
connection to the fuel truck.