Subject: [Leica] FS: off-topic Nikkor AI lenses
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 07:43:30 -0400

Coincidently I have both those lenes right by my side. The 3.5 macro I've
been using for a few years now here NY I just got it right before I left I
now more with my D700 its lightweight and great to use for general purpose
shooting but it does not have little gold contacts so I cant figure out why
it works perfectly with the camera.  The normal 1.4 I just got a few weeks
ago  sent to me from Portland also with no gold contacts and its all over
the place I thought that was the reason. Till I saw my 3.5 and it was the
same. So I'm going to have to figure out how that all breaks down and Ai vs.
what ever else and how it all works with modern cameras. Regardless would be
great for film which I'm going to be shooting soon with Nikons.
Ai Nikkor glass is such a great deal as its great glass able to be gotten
for usually a bit more than these prices but still of course relatively
cheap. Relatively against anything cheap. Sure modern glass is cutting edge
but something's this older stuff gives you a different and better edge.

Nikon invented the whole idea of using a normal macro instead of a regular
normal for day in day out use. If you really don't need the speed its nice
to be optimized close and to be able to focus closer.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography