Subject: [Leica] Communicatopn or Incommunication?
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 22:27:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 Lluis Ripoll <lluisripollquerol at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is afraid our society of the silence, of the solitude, of the own
> thoughts, of a
>conversation?
>Now we can communicate with the end of the world, nevertheless we do not do
>it with our own
>neighbor.

><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1028511.jpg.html>
=====================================================================================================
Seems like sad trend and a sad picture.  But then I'm an old guy.  ;~)

I rarely use my simple cell phone that I have for emergencies, don't have a
smartphone, iPad, iPod, Nook or Kindle. When I'm with someone there are no
gadgets in the way.  On my own, I like to go and sit overlooking Lake
Michigan (especially on cool, overcast or blustery days) and just enjoy the
moment, with no devices. Sometimes I drive to work without even starting one
of my cassette tapes (there are no classical radio stations left in town).

I think Ilike shooting B&W film because of the contemplative aspect of
delayed results.  I don't mind waiting months to see images once they are
captured.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University Relations