Subject: [Leica] Monochrome II and III
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 22:21:23 -0400

Perhaps we should look at our digital gear for what it can do for us.  The
results.
And not how they compare to other gear which comes out later.
But we just look at the prints and jpegs we'd made with the camera.
And know that they can't take those away from us. Its out body of work.
The whole thing gets easier and less stressful and more fun and just makes
more sense if it becomes all about the work. And not all about the price of
camera bellies on a Thursday.... Buying and selling with little to show for
it was easier to do in the film days perhaps. But it was still a loosing
proposition as it still made little sense.
Why not just collect? That at least shows you value the gear. You're not
just renting it in effect till you can pass it off again.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography